Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Arsenal and Museum

 Posted by Hello

Once housed a shrunken head but no one believes me. The people I grew up with know it's true but nobody else believes a shrunken head was displayed in here.

The building also served as a Magistrates office where I once had to state my case on why a friend was riding on the hood of a car I was driving. To top it off, it wasn't my car and I had no clear right to operate it. I was 15, does that help explain the lack of plausible explanation?

Thank goodness the magistrate had also been my 5th grade Health teacher. I lost my license for 30 days by mutual agreement. The magistrate / 5th grade Health teacher took my license, put it in his shirt pocket, I came back in 30 days and got it back. He had it in his desk.
No points off, no insurance rate increase,
and no repeat offenses, Sir.
Justice was served, I was reformed.
And I have never again driven around town in a semi-stolen vehicle
with someone riding on the hood! Not Once!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT?? They don't have the shrunken head any more? The whole reason to go to the arsenal at all (walking, barefoot, with a fudgesicle) was to visit the shrunken head. KK

Anonymous said...

The years I lived there I never knew of the shrunken head--why is that? And whose head was it? I also never knew of the riding on the hood incident while you were illegally driving--why is that? What else do I not know---

Nanci

Anonymous said...

I'm a fellow Beaufortonian. I remember the shrunken head. I always wanted one, but my parents wouldn't buy me one. I would have shrunk my own, but I didn't know how, and I had no volunteers. What friends, huh? All I can say is, "Find the pig!"

Anonymous said...

Yes, sadly, I concur - the head is gone. I was devastated when I heard the news - haunted the downtown dumpsters for weeks hoping to come across it. Once actually thought that I had found it but alas, it was only a badly dehydrated peach. Thought I *had* a shrunken head after a long night at the Bay St bars but thankfully, it was the tequila. Good thing too, what would I have done with all of my hats? Keep on bloggin'oh righteous blogger - you da blog!